Thursday 5 January 2012

Christmas & Birthday Presents

Being born on December 22nd may seem a bit of an unfortunate time to be born, but I have always had both birthday and Christmas presents bought.
This year was no exception. In fact, due to the fact that the Australian relatives were over in England, and we all met up on my birthday, I got some extra presents!

At the family meet up I was presented with a large selection box of Thornton's chocolates from the Aussie dwelling relatives. Sarah and Greg and Olivia gave me a nice tidy sum of money, and last week I was on line to Amazon and purchased no less than 5 CD's, all of which have arrived safely and been played. They will most definitely not be Sarah's choice, but they are mine! I got three Winifred Atwell CD's and two Grimethorpe Colliery Band CD's. So thanks for the cash to purchase those Sarah & Greg & Olivia!






 -


For Christmas I was given a Waterstones voucher, also from Sarah, Greg & Olivia, and as Dot and I were in Harrogate this afternoon (another visit to the Eye Clinic at Harrogate General Hospital) I made it in my way to call in at Waterstones. It is a good time to call in just after Christmas as they have a half price sale, and you can pick up lots of current books which were double the current price before Christmas!

I had already decided to purchase a hardback book which has been heavily advertised on Classic Fm called "Classic Fm Hall of Fame". This contains information about the top 300 classical pieces of music, and their composers. It was advertised at £25.00, but guess what, it only cost me £12.50.

Whilst I was wandering round the music/entertainment shelves I came across another hardback book on classical music called The A - Z of Classic Fm Music" published by the Readers Digest at £9.99, but costing me just £4.99. Returning downstairs I spotted a newish publication (2010) by Gervaise Phinn called "Out of the Woods but not over the Hill" which is a collection of his best humorous writing.





I still have a book voucher from Hannah and Ben to spend, and Dot and I are looking forward to our joint Christmas present from Gary & Rachel & the family - front row tickets to see & hear Katherine Jenkins at the International Centre in Harrogate in a couple of weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment