Monday 9 January 2012

Busy Beaver!

Good Morning Merry Blog Readers!

It looks like this week could be a fun filled week.

I had an early start. Up at 06.00 and Hannah and Ben to collect at 07.00. I dropped Ben off at Crossflatts first then set off to take Hannah to school (The Pink Peril is still immobile). As we turned round at Magnet, Hannah realised she still had her doggie walking crocs on, so we made a return call to Fox Street first. It's now almost 17 years since I used to regularly do the school run, and in that time the volume of traffic appears to have grown by a factor of about 50!

I covered much the same route at the same time as I used to go to Bierley, but the time taken was much longer. Firstly a queue on the Bingley Relief Road, then a queue from Bingley Road traffic lights to the mini roundabout at Cottingley / Sandy Lane, then a queue from Haworth Lane traffic lights to the roundabout at the Boulevard then a queue up Manchester Road, From leaving Fox Street to getting home - travel time 70 minutes!


The next trip is to Harrogate General Hospital this afternoon, to the Eye Clinic for another examination of Dot's right eye. Then it's a return to the school run once again. I was supposed to be restarting Eldwick & Gilstead Male Voice Choir Practices tonight, but if Hannah has a staff meeting I will not have time to do the school run, have some tea and collect my accompanist and get up to Gilstead in time for the practice, so I have postponed the start of practices until next Monday.

Tomorrow sees a school run, followed by a visit to "Drive In" at Shipley for 1) an MOT on my car and 2) Tax Disc collection from the Pink Peril, and any information on what needs to be done to it, [just had a phone call telling us that they think it needs a new clutch - at least that's a lot less expensive than a new gearbox!] followed by another school run, a trip to JCT 600 at Menston so that Hannah can collect her new car.

On Wednesday morning we have Bobby finishing off some work in the kitchen, then I have a funeral to play for at Nab Wood.

and so it goes on & on & on & on..........

No comments:

Post a Comment