Monday 23 May 2011

Strange Things Can Happen at Weddings These Days


The Ultimate Bridal Dress (for your dog)




I recently played for a wedding at a high class and pricey landed estate (which shall be nameless - just in case anyone wants to take out a super injunction against me), where the Vicar who was in charge told me that because the church was part of an estate, he found himself responsible for clearing up and cleaning away confetti after any weddings. He reckoned that he had probably spent in the region of 30 hours doing this during the last year!

Then, the Good Lord inspired him. Wondering how he could stop all the mess from the confetti, he was looking on e Bay one day when he saw a Bubble Machine up for bids. He put in a bid and was successful. So now when the newly married couple walk down the aisle, as they go under the West Gallery, they are showered with bubbles!

It just so happened that the good lady of the household had decided to accompany me to this wedding, and the vicar saw her, and, knowing her through a mutual friend, said "I've got a job for you." It turned out that she was required to operate the Bubble Machine.

She is now known as "Bubbles Bentley."

I was playing at another wedding for this Vicar and before the ceremony we got talking about starnge things that happen at weddings and he recounted the time he had an owl as a "guest" at a wedding.

The idea was that the owl would swoop in, and fly down the aisle with the rings in a small box attached to it. Not being too sure of the behaviour of the owl, he requested that the handler attend the church before the service so that he could have a dummy run (should that be fly?). The owl was released from the back of the church, and flew straight to the handler.....unfortunately it left a trail of you know what straight down the centre aisle!

I have a wedding to play in the not too distant future, and on the sheet I get sent from the office I noticed it said "Lily, their dog will be at the wedding" I saw the bride to be a couple of weeks ago, when she came to choose the music and hymns she would be having at her wedding and I asked what role the dog would be playing....(thinking about a pile of doggy poo down the centre aisle!) but it seems that the dog is just coming as a guest, and doesn't have a starring role.

I did just happen to mention the story I had been told by a verger who also had a dog attend a wedding, and the dog was not too happy when the organ struck up. It seems that the harmonics given off by certain organ stops affect the dogs ears, and it howled throughout the whole of the service!

I have suggested that the bride to be brings her dog to church one Sunday after the service and we see how it reacts to the organ playing!

I thought I'd come across everything that could happen at weddings until I discovered the website "The Dog Bowl", which caters for Wedding Outfits for dogs!


You'd never guess - Its an American organisation!

No comments:

Post a Comment