Sunday 13 February 2011

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.... to quote Messrs Rodgers & Hammerstein. Hasn't it been an awful two days? After a glorious day on Thursday of last week , with a clear sky and sunshine (it was when we ventured up to Settle and Austwick) there seems to have been little but a constant high precipitation level around. - A polite was of saying it's been raining cats and dogs.

I am still trying to work out why we have a dog who is drawn to water like a magnet to metal, but if it is raining, she avoids the rain like the plague. On numerous occasions today I tried to persuade her to go out and relieve herself, but she stubbornly and steadfastly refused to cross the threshold. I was quite convinced that by the time she did eventually venture outside, either her bladder would be bursting or her bowels would be going pop!

She eventually decided to "go" when I went to collect Dot from work!




I can now see why Noah decided to build his ark!

No comments:

Post a Comment