Friday 14 May 2010

Quite a Busy Week

This week has been quite a busy week.

Apart from the usual "events", it started off on Monday with a visit from the Gas Board Engineers to Service the Boiler and Fire appliances.

As they hadn't been for over a year I had received a letter in the post requesting that they visit in the next two weeks, and I had the choice of day and time. I just had to log on to their website and choose my time and day. I chose Monday between 08.00 and 10.00. As I got back from dropping the good lady at work, the phone was ringing, and it was the service engineer to say that he was on his way and would be with me within the next ten minutes.

On Tuesday I had a Toddler Praise service to play for at church at 9.30 am. These usually take place once a month, and precede my regular visits to Crossflatts Primary School, where I play the piano for the younger children to sing to.

On Monday morning I had also had a phone call requesting that I play for a funeral at St Lawrence in Pudsey on Wednesday. As this is my TIC Day in Skipton that meant that I couldn't attend the TIC. We went straight from the funeral to do the "Big Shop" for Nana in Booths in Ilkley.

I had a phone call from Holy Trinity Church requesting that I play for a funeral there on Friday at 12.00.

I have a wedding to play for at All Saints on Saturday, and another wedding to play for on Sunday, followed by a concert with my Male Voice Choir at Eccleshill United Reformed Church. I do the compering as well as conducting, so preparing for a concert not only entails rehearsing the choir, but also putting together notes on the songs, and funny tales for the concert too!

The Sunday wedding was down on my wedding list, which I get e mailed to me from the church office, and was scheduled to start at 1.00 pm. This week I contacted the vicar who is officiating to tell him that I had not heard from the couple as to what hymns and music they would like. I mentioned all the details of the wedding (Couples name, time of wedding, date etc) and I got an e mail back saying that the wedding had been re scheduled to commence at 1.30pm.

I had already put the start time of the concert back because of the original 1.00 pm start for the wedding, now I would have to do some more juggling! I e mailed the vicar and suggested that he tells the bride that I have this concert to conduct, which was arranged long before the wedding was re scheduled, so I suggested that he tells the bride that she must be at church on time, or else I may have to leave before the end of the service!

No comments:

Post a Comment