Friday 21 May 2010

Misty Mornings and Strange Wedding Requests




I was up quite early this morning (6.45 am) and when I looked out of the kitchen window I thought there was a fire in the fields at the back of the house. On closer examination it turned out to be low cloud hugging the dip between the fields.

I have previously mentioned that the wedding season has started with a vengeance, and that due to the alteration in church rules, almost anybody can get married at any Church of England now. This has led to some strange requests for wedding music.


In the next few weeks I have had a request for the Eva Cassidy song Fields of Gold and at another wedding a request to play the Alicia Keys song Empire State of Mind. What on earth this has to do with a wedding I have no idea! just take a look at the lyrics......


New York concerte jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Hear it for New York, New York, New York.

At another wedding the bride is walking in to someone singing (I've no idea what the singer is singing as she is bringing her own backing tracks.) She's also singing during the signing of the registers and when the couple leave church.


Another wedding the request is for The Bridal Chorus for the Entry of Bride, The Wedding March for the Exit of the Bride & Groom, but no hymns. Why bother getting married in church I ask myself. It must be the setting, the bells etc.


Thanks goodness Hannah has chosen hymns, and suitable classical music!

1 comment:

  1. maybe the groom proposed to the bride in New York?????????

    ReplyDelete