Friday 19 March 2010

Goodbye Zafira, Hello Meriva

Today I’ve started the protracted process of beginning to bid my beloved 10 year old Zafira farewell! After viewing a Meriva in Nidderdale Motors a couple of weeks ago, and getting a very good part exchange offer I have finally taken the plunge.

Part of the deal was that I would have the personalised plate transferred on to the Meriva, and before this could happen I needed proof that the car was insured by me, so I had to get in touch with my insurance company and have the Zafira details swapped to the Meriva details. The insurance itself will take effect in April, when the car will gain a new 12 month licence.


Goodbye Zafira!


Hello Meriva!



So I have to take the insurance documents and the Zafira log book across to Pately Bridge, so that the personalised plates can be put on to the Meriva. The paperwork for this from the DVLC usually takes about a week, so to be on the safe side I have suggested that the date of exchange of cars be the first of April, as this will be the date when the Meriva is newly licenced.





We are also in the process of trying to tidy out the loft, in preparation for loft and cavity wall insulation, and 40 years continuous habitation of the same house tends to help you accumulate rather a large amout of “I’ll keep that, it may come in handy” type of goods! So the Help the Aged Shop in Pateley Bridge is going to benefit from the clear out of the loft! I have already taken about 30 video tapes and some audio cassettes to the Help the Aged shop in Saltaire yesterday. CD’s, Audio Cassettes and DVD’s are heading up to Pateley Bridge!



CD's & DVD's


Audio Cassettes




LP's


Oxfam in Ilkley have already received an 84 LP Record set of the Master Musicians, as well as a series of 5 ringbinders of booklets and 4 smaller ring binders of DVD ROM’s on "Know Your Computer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment