Saturday 6 March 2010

Friendly Pigeon

Yesterday afternoon, as I was sitting listening to music on my ipod, there was a cry of “Come here quickly!”




It turned out that there was a pigeon standing on the landing window cill. His feathers covered his legs so we couldn’t see if he had been ringed or not. We couldn’t decide if he was exhausted, hungry or lost, but he didn’t seem in the least phased by us standing close up to him on the other side of the window.




Eventually I opened the window very slowly, and apart from him moving to one end of the window cill, he stayed there. I put him some bread out in case he was hungry, but he ignored it. Having my camera handy I thought I would take a few shots of him. He didn’t even flinch when some of them were flash shots!




He stayed for about 25 minutes, then just upped and flew away.


No comments:

Post a Comment