Thursday 17 December 2009

Still Counting

It’s the final run up to the big day! Only eight days to go!

The Christmas tree has been ordered - one of the non drop variety, - potted and ready to install in the Lounge. Now I need to get the tree decorations down from the loft. Amazingly I know where they all are this year, as we had a clear out of the surplus decorations about a month ago (Memo – must check that the lights are fully working before I put them on the tree.)

Ruby (our chocolate Labrador) is expected home sometime this afternoon/early evening. She’s been to the vets for a hip dysphasia test, as her breeder is hoping to breed from her in the not too distant future.

I’ve just had a run through all the carols for the Sunday morning service, the Lessons & Carols Service, the Nativity Play and the Christingle Service before having a practice with the choir tonight.

Added extras this year include a funeral to play for tomorrow, and two weddings, one on Tuesday 22nd December and one on Monday 28th December.

Oh, that reminds me - a certain blogger hits the official old and doddery stage on the 22nd and can draw his old age pension! It’s about time the state paid me something – I’ve contributed to their funds for more years than I care to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment