Sunday 31 May 2009

Thank God It's All Over (Until the next Season!)



Well the 2009 Britain's Got Talent show is all over and done. So now we can sit back and mull over what has happened over the past few weeks.


First of all lets take a look at the judges themselves.

Piers Morgan - ex fleet street editor - still writes a column (called "The Insider") for the colour section of the Mail on Sunday. He strikes me as an overblown, pompous prat of the first order. What his credentials are to sit in judgement on up and coming talent I have no idea!


Amanda Holden (ex Mrs Les Dennis) brightens up the scenery a bit, but again, what are her credentials for judging up and coming talent?


Simon Cowell - conceited and self opinionated prat of the first magnitude, but to be fair, he must have some knowledge and ability where music and talent are concerned as he seems to have made a steady pile for himself via his Syco Records and other entertainment contracts!


Here I have to confess that I have not followed Britain's Got Talent, and only watched the
Finals. The thought of having to sit through ten shows with the likes of the precocious child stars was enough to drive me to drink.



Diversity - the final, some would say, surprise winners. From what I saw of their performance on Saturday evening they certainly produced an exciting spectacle. Vibrant, original, entertaining and well choreographed. I would say they were far superior to the other street dancing group - Flawless.



Susan Boyle
(2nd) I saw her original performance (via U Tube), as well as her performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" in the finals. I felt her performance on Saturday did not live up to the original one, but there is no doubt that the lady from Blackburn in West Lothian has a powerful and fine voice, and can "sell" a song.


Julian Smith (3rd) played his saxophone extremely well and certainly showed he had talent. I think he well deserved the third place.


All in all I think the results were a fair judgement by the British public.



And what of the rest???

Stavros Flatley. What can you say about them? Mad? Entertaining (in a strange sort of way!) Completely off their trolley? Different is probably the kindest description I can give to them!

2 Grand. The grandfather and grand daughter appealed to the "Aw isn't it lovely that they are singing together" brigade. If he is a member of a male voice choir (which I have seen or heard somewhere) he's not a very good advert for them!

Shaheen Jafargholi - a young lad with a powerful voice. Could go far. Rumoured to have been head hunted by the Disney organisation.

Shaun Smith - aged 17 - not my cup of tea at all.

Flawless - they weren't. Didn't appeal in the slightest.

Adrian Davis - twitching, gyrating, pulsating, and judged by a true sense of the word dance - completely talentless.

Hollie Steel - Not my kind of voice (or child!) Grown up beyond her years, and probably there because of a pushy mum!



You may well be asking what qualifications have I got to sit in judgement on these talented people. I've been a member of two or three choirs, and trained choirs, and singers for over forty years!











No comments:

Post a Comment