Thursday 21 May 2009

Hello! My Name is Ruby

Hello there! you've probably seen a mention of me in the
"about me" column on the right hand side.

My name is Ruby and I'm a pedigree chocolate labrador and I live with billatbingley and his missus.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I was born on a farm across the valley from where I now live, and my breeder and her daughter had a helper called Hannah who used to do some dog grooming for the daughter - so she could earn some extra cash during her vacation from university. All my brothers and sisters were sold, and I stayed on the farm with my Mum. My breeder had decided to keep me so she could breed from me (You see I think she thought I was the cream of the crop. My kennel club registered name is Marchmanor Dior - and with a name like that you'd expect a bit of class wouldn't you?) My mum is called Marchmanor Truffle, and my dad was re-imported from the States. He's called Oulsmi Its Just Me. Well one day Hannah decided she would like to take me as a present for her parents as it was going to be their Ruby Wedding Anniversary, so she had a quiet word with billatbingley's missus to see how he would react to having a canine in the house.


I've since been told that his words were "Over my dead body" Anyway, I was taken along as a small pup one day, and billatbingley thought that Hannah had got me for herself! The next week I was taken again, and billatbingley allowed me to stay overnight. After that it was a piece of cake. He fell for me hook, line and sinker!

Like all young pups I was a bit mischievous. The second morning when they came downstairs into the kitchen, I'd bitten through the mains flex for the fridge freezer. His nibs wasn't very pleased with me but he soon got over it. I have to admit that my favourite was chewing shoes, slippers, sandals, or any other footwear they accidentally left around for me to get my teeth into, but they soon learnt not to leave any footwear around, and his nibs suggested that I should go to a dog training session.

That was great fun. I met six or seven other dogs, and I learnt how to sit on command, how to lie down on command, how to stay, and the hardest one was I was taught not to take food until I was told! Hannah has taught me to "give a paw". I've learnt that with my big sorrowful looking brown eyes I can melt just about anybody. I have lots of doggie friends, who I usually meet when I go for a run in the fields with billatbingley. Max lives just across the road from us, and Toby and Bella live about five or six houses down the road and Peggy lives about six houses up the road. I have great fun chasing sticks in the field. Billatbingley's missus used to take me for long walks once or twice a week, but she has a poorly leg at the moment, but Hannah and her sister Sarah often take me for walks. I went for a super walk with Sarah at teatime today, and we went into the park in Bingley, and I met up with Peggy. Must finish now, as I don't want billatbingley to know I've been on his computer!
Lots of Love
Ruby











1 comment:

  1. I think Ruby should take over this blog. She's much more entertaining!!!!

    ReplyDelete