Friday 30 August 2013

Twenty Four Hours per Day? It Doesn't Seem Like it!!

I don't know why it is, but in the weeks leading up to our holidays time seems to implode. Usually each day consists of 24 hours, and I can manage to fit all the necessary arrangements in, but come a pending holiday and everybody suddenly needs my services! Today, just a few minutes before I typed this, I was contacted by a local church asking for me to play for a funeral on Friday of next week. The office at my own church contacted me with details of a funeral which I need to play for on Wednesday. The carpet fitter called to ask if he could complete the fitting of some carpet edging strips on Monday, and I also have a Wedding to play for next Saturday. I also got a call from the Physio Department at the Yorkshire Clinic giving me an appointment there at 9.30 am on Monday! I sometimes wonder if it's worth booking holidays, because all that seems to happen is that the world becomes more chaotic in the weeks leading up to them! Seriously though, we look forward to a break away, and being the boring souls that we are we will again be going to the Isle of Arran for a week, then crossing the Scottish Borders and staying near Bamburgh for our next week. I've already had a look at the possible dates for our post Christmas break (we usually spend a few days at Masham) as I know that life will be pretty hectic prior to this holiday - Carol Services, Christingle Services, starring as Father Christmas, as well as family birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment