Friday 23 August 2013

Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness....

I woke up this morning, and looked out of the bedroom windows to be greeted by what looked like cotton wool! Rubbing my eyes I took a second look, and the cotton wool was still there. It was then that I realised that what I was actually seeing was a heavy mist. I could barely see to the top of the field behind our house.
Next door's car roof was covered in condensation - a sure sign that Autumn is on the way! Wow! What happened to Summer? The farmer has been busy in the fields for the last few days. First he set to and cut the grass. Then he came along with a woofler, which neatly turns the cut grass into rows. Today he has been along with a Hew Holland machine [a small hay baler] which gathers the straw and turns it into circular bales. A certain sign that Harvest is fast approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment