Wednesday 26 June 2013

Thank Goodness for Amazon and James Bond DVD's!

Being a purchaser on Amazon, the company have got the "feel" of my interests and regularly send me e-mails which usually commence with the words "knowing you have shown an interest in........" and follow this up with suggestions as to other items they have for sale which they think I will want to purchase. I will usually take a look at what is on offer, but don't fall for the crafty sales gimmick!

However, for some time I have thought I would like to complete my collection of James Bond DVD's. One of my claims to fame is that I was projectionist at a local cinema which obtained a pre release copy of the first James Bond Film - "Dr No"! One of the e-mails from Amazon was offering fully restored frame by frame and 5.1 dolby digital stereo versions of the James Bond films at the ridiculously low price of £3.00 per DVD. This offer hit the right spot at the right time and I duly purchased almost all the Bond films I hadn't got.

These were:-

You Only Live Twice
Diamonds Are Forever
Live and Let Die
The Spy Who Loved Me
Moonraker
For Your Eyes Only
The Living Daylights
Licence to Kill
Tomorrow Never Dies and
The World is Not Enough

These DVD's have four well known film stars (Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan) in the starring role of James Bond.

So why am I so glad that I purchased these DVD's?

Regular followers of my blog will know that I very recently had a total knee replacement, which has been successful, however I have been experiencing what feels like sciatica and this can be most uncomfortable. Consequently during the night when I have had to get up and go to the toilet I have not relished the idea of rising from a horizontal position to a verical one! To reduce the number of times I have had to do this, I have taken to dozing in my office chair which has a lumber support in it, rather than returning to bed.

I have spent the last five or six days whiling away the time viewing a James Bond DVD each night (or to be more precise, in the early hours of the morning!)

Whilst I would not rate the James Bond DVD's as profound, they are extremely entertaining. They are not to be taken too seriously - how James Bond can survive multiple bullets, bombs, attempted drownings, electrocutions etc. in each film beggars belief! Taken purely on the level of escapist entertainment they hit the right spot!

If you haven't viewed any of the Bond films recently, do yourself a favour and have a look at one!

No comments:

Post a Comment