Monday 17 June 2013

Father's Day - It Was Like Christmas Day All Over Again!

It was Father's Day on Sunday, and countless Fathers up and down the country will have been deluged with lots of presents. Some of them will have been "Just what Dad wanted" and others will have been the usual uninspired tie, scarf or pair of socks.

Fortunately for me, my girls chose their gifts from the inspired collection!

Hannah arrived bearing the fruits of her labours - literally - a banana and cranberry cake, complete with fresh strawberries! She informed me that there was more to follow, but it was in the post. She had heard that my Arran Aromatics shower gel had been misplaced whilst I was in the Yorkshire Clinic and had ordered me another one on line!


Hannah's Banana and Cranberry Cake



The next one to arrive was Olivia with a large carrier bag full of goodies. On the top of the pile was a large slab of Thorntons chocolate with Grandad piped on it in icing sugar. 


Below that was an assortment of other goodies.I especially liked the "motto" printed on this one: Grandads are supposed to be old and wrinkly NOT THIS ONE"

Hidden in and amongst all the goodies was the paperweight/fridge magnet you see below


I was a bit surprised when I opened the two gifts below, which on first sight looked like a big fat Churchillian Cigar and a pouch of tobacco. You see I had given up smoking years ago! On closer inspection they turned out to be a ball point pen and a coaster! 


Sarah arrived next, and she had treated me to a bottle of Lindeman's Sauvignon Cabernet.


By this time, Rachel will be thinking "Hang on he's forgotten me!" You see she had brought her Father's Day present some weeks earlier, having seen it on sale somewhere and knowing that I have hundreds of slides and negatives stored on cassettes, reels and in boxes in the loft. It rang a bell with her! It's a slide and negative film scanner, so that I can scan them all and put them all onto my computer!


Thank you girls you all came up trumps this year and did me proud!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment