Wednesday 29 August 2012

Bargains by the Boxful!

As I said in the previous blog, we went up to Settle yesterday, and those of you who were waiting with bated breath to see what bargains I had purchased in the local charity shops would have been disappointed because I didn't mention either the bargains or the charity shops.

But fear not friends - I did visit the SCAD (Skipton and Craven Action for Disability) and the Help the Aged Charity Shops, and as usual there were bargains to be had!

First stop, after Mollie and Tom had devoured their Full Monty Chocolate Drinks, was the SCAD Charity Shop. A slow and careful peruse of the shelves revealed a CD of Malcolm Arnold Symphony No 1, which I purchased.


This CD also included Eric Coates [He of the Dam Busters March fame] Three Elizabeths Suite, Romanian Rhapsody by George Enescu and Tritsch Tratsch Polka by Johann Strauss II.

As the offer was 1 CD for £1.50, or two for £2.00 I selected a second CD (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) The Sherman Brothers Musical based on the Ian Fleming Children's Story, about a phantasmagorical Car!


Having a Good Lady who is very pro Royalty, I also selected the following three DVDs - (donation only please)





I then moved on the the Help the Aged Charity Shop, and there I selected 6 video tapes. You may remember that last time I was in this shop they were selling at three for 99p. Today they were even more of a bargain - 10p per tape!!



Firstly a bit of culture with a capital "K". Margot Fonteyn and Rudolf Nuryev dancing in the Tschaikovsky Ballet Swan Lake.


 A Classic Film Starring Marilyn Monroe.


 A Classic War Story


 The delightful story of Gigi. Music by Lerner and Lowe (My Fair Lady)


and finally - a couple of James Bond Adventures

 

Anyone for a bargain then?

No comments:

Post a Comment