Tuesday 15 March 2011

Four Funerals & A Wedding (or two)

Yes! You have read the heading right. It does say Four Funerals and A Wedding (or two). Let me elaborate.

This week I will have played for three funerals, and I have a further funeral to play for next Monday.

Listening to the eulogy at one of the funerals I discovered that the deceased was a former model, and had worked on various TV advertisements, including Birds Eye Fish Fingers and the Solvite advert where they covered a steam locomotive with wallpaper and stuck it on with Solvite, then drove it through a downpour, just to prove that Solvite still retains its "stickability".

You may recall that a few weeks ago I mentioned that I had to play for a wedding at Rudding Park Chapel (near Harrogate). See the two photos below...

Rudding Park Chapel

Rudding Park Chapel - Internal view looking towards the West Doors


As a result of playing for the wedding at Rudding Park, the vicar who took the service asked me if he could have my e mail and contact details because he had another wedding in the pipeline (at Hazlewood Castle (near Tadcaster) and he thought my services would be required at this wedding.

About a week ago I received an e mail from the bride-to-be requesting that I played for her wedding. Luckily for her, the date of her wedding was on the only Saturday in May that I didn't have a wedding to play for at my home church!

So during the next week or so I will be heading to Hazlewood Castle to reconoitre the Chapel (and the organ!)

Hazlewood Chapel - internal. Viewed from the balcony.

Hazlewood Chapel - internal

No comments:

Post a Comment