Thursday 17 March 2011

A Doggy Day Out and a Visit to Hazlewood Castle Chapel

Hello There Doggy Friends! It's Ruby here bringing you an up to the minute report on the days outing!

Originally the Lord and Mistress of the house were planning on a day out, as is their usual habit, to go and visit Hazlewood Castle Chapel, because he is playing for a wedding there in May, but I passed the word round to a few of my friends and invited them to come and join me too.

Here (below) you can see me with Pixie, Raffie, Twig and Macey, all ready to go.




The first stop was at a Dog's Trust Centre near Collingham, then we went on to Hazlewood Chapel.

This is the East End of the Chapel

This is a view of the West End, which had a gallery.


We were not officially allowed to go into the chapel, but one of us managed a sneak view!


This is the Chapel from outside. We all went for a walk here whilst the Lord and master inspected the organ.

We then moved on to Wetherby, where the humans bought some sandwiches and crisps and drinks to eat for their lunch. Then we took the road from Wetherby to Harrogate, but stopped off for a walk down a country lane.



Raffie hadn't been used to walking on his lead, but I soon got him trained. Here he is enjoying a walk with Sarah. If you look to the left of the photo you can see me and Macey too.


When we got back to the car Raffie's Mum decided he would be hungry so she offerred him some food, but he didn't seem too interested in it.



I had found a nice tempting pond, and so I jumped into it, and was soon swimming in it.but I have to admit I was more than interested in the food that Raffie was being given!



Pixie, Twig and Macey seemed to be contented to watch all that was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment