Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Bridge Inn, Hotel & Spa Complex at Walshford

Yes dear blog readers, I have moved up in the world! I am now moving in very much elevated surroundings!







Entrance to The Bridge Inn


The Courtyard where you can dine in fine weather


One of the Bars in the Bridge Inn


Private Dining Room at the Bridge Inn





So how come I found myself dining in the private dining room at this most salubrious establishment?  Contrary to popular rumour I had not just hit the jackpot on the Euromillions! However the meal didn't cost me a penny!

A fine two course dinner, served in these very pleasant and palatial surroundings and at no cost. I can already hear you asking "How do you do it? What's the catch?"

Well there really is no catch at all, you see. I was invited to address the Lower Wharfedale Rotarians at their meeting for their new chairman. (It does help to have the right connections!)

One of the clergy I play weddings for at Rudding Park and Hazlemere Castle is a member of the Rotarians, and when he found out that I gave talks he asked me if I would be willing to give the opening talk for the incoming president of the Lower Wharfedale Rotarians at their meeting at the Bridge Inn, and he mentioned that a free meal was thrown in if I would be willing to attend!

After a superb two course meal + the usual coffee and mints, I gave them my talk illustrated with musical examples which I call "Down Memory Lane." It obviously went down well, because at the end of the meeting I was asked if I would be willing to give the another talk at a future date.

1 comment: