Sunday 31 October 2010

Autumn...Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness

Well, were you one of the folk who forgot that the clocks went back last night, or did you, like us, remember, and enjoy the extra hour in bed?


Ruby never seems to find a problem when the clocks either go forward or back - she just takes it all in her stride, and (as last night) enjoyed the extra hours sleep!


It was something of a surprise this morning when I pulled the curtains back and saw that there was quite a thick fog. You could just about see to the top of the field, and the sheep in the field looked rather like woolly ghosts! Looking at the Met Office weather forecast I see that "low level cloud" is the order of the day, at least until six o'clock this evening.


Looking forward a little way I wonder if all the doom mongers are going to be correct concerning the weather. I have heard numerous people predicting that we are going to have a worse winter than last year. It was with this in mind that I bought a couple of bags of rock salt when we were in Leyburn last week!

I was in church this morning at the new time of 9.25 when a stranger came in. I wished him a cheery "Good Morning" but he looked somewhat perplexed, then eventually he said "Shouldn't there be a service here this morning?" I explained to him that there was, and it started at 10.30 am. He looked at his watch and said, "Well its 10.25 now!" I tried to break it to him as gently as I could that he had forgotten to put his watch back an hour.........

No comments:

Post a Comment