Friday 17 September 2010

A Warning to Those Who Don't Back Up!

I (obviously) have a computer - indeed I have had one for approximately sixteen years, and during that time I have never managed to lose any information from it.



But yesterday BIG TIME DISASTER.



I was in my CD Catalogue File, and for some reason lots of the fields had overprinted the space where information was stored whilst I was in Form View, making it difficult to read. No problem I thought. I have had this happen before. Simply go into form design and erase the overprinted fields. This I duly did, but somewhere along the lines about a thousand pieces of information were lost on 1,000 CD's. I had hit the "accept change" and inadvertantly it had erased all the aforementuioned records.



The annoying thing is that I have an 8GB pen drive, which did have all this information on it. Note I say DID HAVE. I had taken the lot off the pen drive to copy some photographs so that I could have them processed onto A3 sheets for my Bride's Father's Speech!



I now know what I will be doing over the long, dark, winter evenings - replacing all this information and making sure that I back it up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment